Funding migration management in Asia: Call for Proposals
In April 2018 the Silk Routes Facility has launched a Call for Proposals (CfP) for migration management projects in five Silk Routes as well as five Central Asian countries. The CfP aims to support initiatives to improve migration management in the following ten countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Iran, Iraq, and Pakistan, as well as Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan. Proposals can be in between 150,000 and 250,000 EUR and should have a duration of 6 to 18 months.
Which topics are eligible? Until when?
Eligible applicants are invited to submit their proposals related to enhancing implementation of the priorities set out by the 2013 Istanbul Ministerial Declaration of the Budapest Process: Migration and Mobility, Integration, Migration and Development, Irregular Migration, Trafficking in Persons, and International Protection. Proposals should be submitted in line with the Guidelines for applicants further below. The Silk Routes Facility will be receiving proposals until June 2020, or until exhaustion of the available funding.
Check your eligibility first: who can apply?
The following entities are eligible for this Call for Proposals:
- Public authorities or public or semi-public governmental agencies established in an EU Member State
- International organisations
- Non-governmental organisations, employers' or workers' associations, universities or another higher education establishment, or other relevant non-State actors established in an EU Member State or in one of the ten Silk Routes or Central Asian countries (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Iran, Iraq, and Pakistan, as well as Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan)
Which activities are eligible for funding?
The proposed activity must be clearly attributable to one of the priorities outlined in the Istanbul Ministerial Declaration of the Budapest Process (April 2013). These are:
- To better organise and improve conditions for legal migration and mobility
- To support the integration of migrants and counteract phenomena of discrimination, racism and xenophobia
- To maximise the positive impact of migration on development, both in countries of origin and of destination
- To prevent and counteract irregular migration, facilitate return and readmission of irregular migrants, support sustainable reintegration where relevant and applicable, and combat criminal networks involved in smuggling of migrants
- To prevent and combat trafficking in persons, address its root causes and provide adequate protection and support to trafficked persons
- To promote international protection and the respect of the rights of refugees, in line with international standards.
In addition, the action can also address issues pertaining to:
- Climate change induced migration
- Female migration
While the focus of this CfP is on capacity-building activities, other types of activities which address the relevant priorities are not precluded. Projects targeting rehabilitation / renovation of existing infrastructure, light equipment, software development, research / studies and other types of support will also be considered.
How to apply?
Please ensure you have read and understood the Guidelines for the Call for Proposals and follow them accordingly. All documents for your application can be downloaded here:
Download the Guidelines for the Call for Proposals here
Download the Concept Note template here
Download the Grant Application form here
Download the budget template here
How do I find out more?
For more information please do not hesitate to contact us here.
Ms. Marija RAUS
Project Manager Facility
Tel.: +43 1 504 46 77 2443
- << Prev